Tuesday, March 22, 2005

First Real Post

Well here we go. I signed up for one of these before, wrote one entry, and then forgot about it. It's probably like a diary, except that the whole world will read what you wrote! I was never good at keeping up my diary... Well I was on one of my favourite sites, www.sumoforum.net and there was a link there to a Sumo podcast. I had never heard of podcasting, and I am still not sure how it is done, but check out www.tokyocalling.org . Scott talks about things that interest him and it is more personal as you can hear his voice. I am not sure I would have the guts to put my voice on the net! I suppose it is kind of like your own radio show which I would love to have. Here where I live, the powers that be felt that getting rid of the only radio station I love would be a great idea and with that frequency they put a multi genre radio station on air instead. I have tried other stations, but nothing works. I am now working on putting all my favourite songs onto my MP3 player and putting that in the car when I drive to work. I like listening to the BBC World Service, but I do need some rock music in the morning to keep me going...

Daylight Saving finished here in the weekend and this means that I got an extra hour to sleep in in the morning. It was much appreciated. I know that it really is just an hour that was stolen from me in October last year when we started daylight saving (summer time for Americans and those influenced by them), but you get used to getting up earlier and so now I have myself convinced that this is an extra hour not previously given to me! Anyway, that wasn't the point of my little rant here... We get KBS International at home (Korea Broadcasting System - the BBC / ABC/NHK of Korea) and have been enjoying the Thursday / Friday night drama which was on at 2120. However this is not live and according to all the schedules I have seen, we shouldn't be seeing this drama at that time! It seems that someone here is recording off satellite and then rebroadcasting at times more suitable to us. That is fine, but now that daylight saving is over, so far this week, shows I enjoy have been playing one hour earlier... If they are rebroadcast, why are they now one hour earlier when the person rebroadcasting here could keep them at the same time! Do you get what I am ranting about? I hope so. Anyway, come Thursday, will our show be on at 2120 or 2020? Will it be on at all? In a life as dull as mine, these things matter! Another complication is that from 1915-2100 each day I watch NHK International (Japan) for the Sumo. If our drama is still on at 2120, then I can watch both. However if my friend here doing the rebroadcasts moves it to 2020, then I need to get someone else to tape the drama as I can't watch two satellite broadcasts at once.... To top things off, KBS International is not contactable here so I cannot simply ask, I just have to sit and hope....

The last thing before I go is about Sumo. I have to be a big supporter of the Korean wrestlers, of which there are three. My number one guy is having a terrible tournament. In fact Kasugaoo (Kim Seong Taek) is the only wrestler in the top division who has not had a win yet. He is 0-9 and with a nasty looking thigh injury he doesn't look like he will win anything. You have to give him credit for courage. Other guys have just pulled out, but his is soldiering on. I hope when they come to release the Banzuke for the Natsu Basho, they remember that he kept trying the whole tournament. That must count for something? The number two Korean guy, Kinryuzan pulled out before his first fight so that has been disappointing, but thankfully for Korean hopes the lowly ranked Yamada is 5-0 and so is the Seoul hope for Korean sumo ;) Sorry just had to put that in...... I will be watching Kasugaoo tonight, so let's hope he wins....

San Nakji for President!

No comments: