Monday, July 11, 2005

Return to Flight

Wednesday July 13th at 1551 EDT NASA will launch a space shuttle for the first time in three years. It is quite exciting for me because I can watch NASA TV and will be able to watch my first live launch since the first one all those years ago...
It is a funny thing space exploration. It costs so much money and in the end the odds of any of this helping the poor and starving back here on earth must be very low. But at the same time it doesn't hurt anyone and I feel that space exploration and the science that it is involved with it is the 21st Century version of Greek philosophy. We are looking for answers to the universe and everyone wants to know if there is life out there. I am desparately hoping there are more life forms out there than bacteria...
Good luck to the crew of the Discovery, I am looking forward to the launch! Stay away hurricane!

San Nakji for President!

No comments: