Friday, March 25, 2005

Thunder and the Flashy Stuff

Even though it was Good Friday today, I still woke up at 7am. Why? Well I am fairly sure that I was being punished by God for being a godless heathen on His day by putting some thunder right on the top of my house! The house really shook and even though I don't mind a bit of thunder, I had pretty much done all my sleeping by then and that was it...

I went to visit my Nana in hospital again today. Her Armenian neighbour wasn't there. She had been waking up every couple of hours and had been crying out. Her daughter told me the other day that she had dementia and so I am sure that is why. Some other old people in the room complained and so they moved her today. Probably to the secure Alzheimer's ward. I was sad I couldn't see her again as meeting her really affected me. Even though she won't remember me, I will always remember her and remember how lonely she was as no one was talking to her. I hope she gets better and can live at least another 9 years. She is 91 now. I figure that if I can make it to my 90s then it would be a waste to die before I got to 100. Plus when you get to 100 in New Zealand, the Queen sends you a personalised letter, which is pretty nice. Although if I make it to 100, I am sure the King will send me one. But on second thoughts, I probably won't get one at all, because we will definitely be a republic by then. Joy, it will be great to have a president. Maybe if we are really lucky we could get a George W clone! Wow, how lucky would that be? About as lucky as the thunder and it's wake up call this morning I would think! Oh yes, before I forget, the woman's name was Armenia, kind of cool. Although personally I wouldn't like to be named New Zealand....

San Nakji for President!

2 comments:

Cergie said...

This story is melancholy , but so reflective.

Cergie said...

My favorite message as far as I read the two first posts of your blog...
Apart I like thr way you speak about your Nana and this poor old lady, in find instructive to learn that Good Friday is free in New Zealand as in Germany.
It is not so in France.