Saturday, September 02, 2006

Spring has Sprung!



The first day of September here in Aotearoa marks the first day of Spring. Our little city at the bottom of the world decided to turn on a great day to celebrate. I took the Pooch out for the first time in ages and as you can see he was very happy with the state of things. Should SN win the lottery, I am definitely going to score myself one of the houses here. This is by far my favouritist beach in the country.



Here the Pooch checks out some sand castles built by some kids. He is considering whether to lift his leg on the castles or not. I told him not to waste his time. I don't know why some people bother, especially kids. If you are not going to do a good job, then just leave it to the experts...

Happy Winter to my Northern Hemisphere friends. Summer awaits us down here!

San Nakji for President!

7 comments:

Cergie said...

What a wonder, just when I come "back home", a small pretty cute dog is just in front of me, moving its tail friendly; but, what a pitty, I've no more time left now. I must go without having commented.

Cergie said...

However, I must add that if it has such a cut tail that is because when hunting that kind of dog digs the cliff or the soil and the tail is very useful to pull it back and so it doesnot remain burried.

And how do you know he is a male, did he do what he is not allowed to do anywhere in front of you ?

Oricon Ailin said...

What great pics! I love your little dog!

I am anxiously awaiting winter here. I look forward to the cold! No bugs, no weeds, no hayfever. hehehe

Hope you enjoy your first day of Spring!

rubyslipperlady said...

I never anticipate winter. It's way too cold up here in the frozen tundra, but your spring looks glorious. Glad you and pooch could get out and enjoy such and awesome day!

I'm heading out this evening and again tomorrow for the STate Fair and praying for no rain.

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU SEEN THE SANDCASTLES MADE BY EXPERTS?!

Tim Rice said...

Ah, if I could be Pooch running on the beach! :)

Ashley said...

Yeah, I want to visit your beach, too.

I hate being land-locked. The nearest beaches to me are ugly, industrial complexes. :(

I envy your beach.