Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Blog like you have never Blogged before

I am always amazed by English and how you can make pretty much any noun a verb. Like Blog... Anyway, that wasn't what my blog is about, just thinking about my title...
I was looking at other people's blogs and seeing how you can email to your blog. Everyone seemed to be having problem with it, but still I thought I would give it a go. After all, I am quite email savy, right? Well, I sent one and nothing has happened... I think I have to face facts that I am like all the others... I think I will get over it, one day, some day...
I am just watching an item on CNN about women's boxing. I quite like my boxing, but have never really seen women's boxing except for the movie Million Dollar Baby, you can find my review of that on March 29th. (not sure how you link to that, anyone out there who would like to help?). I think my problem with women's boxing is that I hate to see a woman get hurt. Is this a sexist thing to feel? I am not sure, but there is nothing worse in this world for me than a woman who has been injured. In fact I can't even watch movies where there are rape scenes, it just freaks me out. In this CNN item, they are talking about the real life influence for the Million Dollar Baby and how she was injured. The reason seems to be that no one takes time to train women in how to fight properly and so they don't learn how to take punches and so take a lot more damage in the ring. I think I could get over my aversion to women being hurt if it were their choice. I of course would never stand in a woman's way (especially if she were a well trained boxer!) trying to stop her do the things she wants to do. So if they can get the proper training and I suppose the respect they need to get the training, then I say go for it, just don't expect me to watch...

San Nakji for President!

No comments: