Saturday, May 07, 2005

Winter Sonata Addict

Ok, so I found 겨울연가 (Winter Sonata) a little late. It seems to have been around for over a year. But now it is on KBS International I am addicted. When I first watched it, I was a little annoyed by it, but now I can't get enough! If you don't know the story, it is a little complicated, but basically it is this; A school girl falls for a new student in her school who is killed in a accident. Years later, she meets a guy who looks exactly like him and all her old feelings come back again, much to the annoyance of here fiance. It sounds a little lame, but I am enjoying it. It is also facinating to know that this was a huge hit in Japan and has been one of the major factors in raising the image of Korea over there. I think I have figured out what will happen at the end. One thing I have learned from years of Korean TV is that there are quite a few dramas that have a sad ending. I think Koreans like that kind of thing, something to do with 한 (Han). I am sure this will be a miserable ending....

San Nakji for President!

No comments: