Monday, March 20, 2006

Personal Blogs

Writing a blog should be a deeply personal thing. That is what makes the blog world so interesting. We get to see so many different view points on this world of ours, and generally we are richer for it. Some of my blogging friends write more personal blogs than others and I think that it is really brave of them to let people, strangers, into their lives in such a way. What annoys me is the way some people who read these blogs think that since they have been granted a window into my friend's lives, they have the right to judge. No matter how much you read someone's blog, you cannot even begin to know how they feel. You will know some opinions they hold on certain issues, but that is it. It is always important to remember the blog only tells you what the writer wants to say.
The reason that I say this is that a number of my friends have been attacked on their blogs by people who think they know everything. Well, foolish people, you know nothing. It is ok to hold a different opinion from the one offered in a particular blog, but to actually attack someone for who they are is just crap. I guess we have to remember that not everyone out there in internet land is as pleasant as San Nakji. There are a lot of wankers out there. My hope is that you, my blogging friends, are not bothered by these people and for those who have been bothered already, I will personally make it my mission to hunt down these fools and punish them to the full extent of the law of San Nakji's World. This law is harsh, but fair.

San Nakji for President!

14 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

Most of the blogs, are not as interesting as yours or your friends.

San Nakji said...

I thank you sir

Friar Tuck said...

i guess it bothers me sometimes, but not much.

that is part of the price we pay for putting ourselved out there

Anonymous said...

Just code the stuff in Al Bhed and no one will know what you're saying.

And mean people shouldn't be anonymous.

Deepa Bhasthi said...

so true! so true....

black feline said...

AMEN!

Oricon Ailin said...

I thank you San Nakji for watching out for us. It hurts sometimes when people attack me on my blog. I know I am putting myself out there for the world to see, but people don't have to be cruel.

I totally agree, and don't worry, even though there are jerks out there, I won't stop blogging. hehehe

rubyslipperlady said...

What a president you would be.

(since tone does't translate in the blogsphere, that comment is positive, not snide.)

Brotha Buck said...

Lol, I'm gonna keep that in mind, and next time send em to San Nakji!

Tim Rice said...

Ah, San Nakji. Fortunately, I haven't had much encounter with negative people on my blog. But I'll keep you in mind should any come. ;)

roman said...

There definitely are some meanies out there. I guess that blogging exposes us to the much-desired Yang and the dreaded Yin and we must learn to cope with both.

Crystal said...

I agree with Oricon, people can be cruel and they feel that their actions are justified because the blogosphere is a "public forum". I try not to let it bother me but I admit, it makes me feel a bit guilty whenever I offend someone else's sensibilities, but I'm just being my honest true self. Great post on this subject San!

San Nakji said...

Actually directed at someone who chose to remain anonymous who was bothering a friend of mine. But there is certain social ettiquette involved with interaction. I doubt you would lay into someone you hardly knew. Same should apply to the blog world.

Brotha Buck said...

Oh, I thought you were talking about me, but I just figured out who. SAd.