Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Heather!



HALCYON DAYS.
Not from successful love alone,
Nor wealth, nor honored middle age, nor vic-
tories of politics or war.
But as life wanes, and all the turbulent passions
calm,
As gorgeous, vapory, silent hues cover the even-
ing sky,
As softness, fulness, rest, suffuse the spirit and
frame like freshier, balmier air;
As the days take on a mellower light, and the
apple at last hangs really finished and in-
dolent ripe on the tree,
Then for the teeming quietest, happiest days of
all!
The brooding and blissful halcyon days!
—Walt Whitman.

I hope you have a good one! Thanks to the magic of time zones, you get a two day birthday!

LM San

4 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

***HUGS***

Thank you so much, San Nakji. That was super sweet of you. You are the first one to say Happy Birthday to me. It's pretty cool that I get birthday wishes twice because of the magic of time zones!!

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I luv ya mucho too!! *HUGS*

I Blame the Reds said...

Philadelphia has a bridge named after Walt Whitman.


And don't worry. US of Andy TV Will be back soon (ish) And if you really miss it (I mean who won't) You can look it up straight on Mogulus.

Cergie said...

What lovely though, text and picture...
This is really a great post.

I'm late, but
Bon anniversaire chère Heather...

black feline said...

a great idea indeed..if only Im that lucky!