Monday, November 28, 2005

George Best - I Thought He Had Died Already


A brilliant footballer, George Best died way too early. Still, he brought it on himself with a major alcohol problem. To me it is a crime that he was given a liver transplant and then continued his wild ways with more drinking. Still looking at what he acomplished on the football field I think he will be missed. All across Britain this weekend there have been minutes of silence, remembering the footballing genius rather than the poor drunk he became.

I will always remember this quote, "90% of my money was spent on women, cars and drink; the rest I squandered."

San Nakji for President!

4 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Im not familiar. Are you in Britain?

San Nakji said...

Me? About as far as you can get from the UK. He is a god over there though...

Anonymous said...

I'm a little closer to Britain, but I'd still never heard of this guy...

San Nakji said...

Shame on you!