Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Survived!

Yes folks, I have survived another Halloween. We actually avoided having anyone come to our house, I am not sure how that happened, but it was great. Maybe it was helped by our whole family leaving the house and taking a long walk around the neighbourhood....
As I write this I am watching ESPN and everyone is wearing Halloween costumes. Yes, I see what a great occasion it is over in America and in Australia (I have heard) as well. However here it is just a crappy crappy day. Notice the double usage of crappy? Yup, that means it's more than just crappy. Every kid I saw out on the streets last night were wearing costumes from our local version of Walmart, The Warehouse. The problem with this is that the costumes consist of a black cloak and a North Korean salt mine made cheap plastic mask. A total cost to the child's parents of $5. Where is the imagination I see in America? It exists not in this country. It is all about the lollies, nothing more, nothing less. Please America, take back your Halloween it has no place here with the greedy fat kids of Aotearoa.

San Nakji for President!

4 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

My neighborhood was quiet last night. I just sat on my bed watching the Halloween Special of Ghost Hunters. That is how I spent my Halloween.

Anonymous said...

I spent Halloween pondering the rain and getting trick or treated once.

San Nakji said...

Ahhh, wonderful!

Oricon Ailin said...

Halloween just isn't what it used to be like.

When I was a kid, my folks would go outta their way to make totally awesome costumes for me and my brother.

We lived on military bases where there were always really awesome neighbors to visit. A lot of the neighbors would get together and make haunted houses and stuff. It was a guarantee that me and Reaper would go and collect two HUGE (55 gal. trash can bags) bags full of candy! It was crazy!

Nowadays...no one dresses up or gets into the spirit at all. *sighs*

I DID dress up for work, I wore my Renaissance dress.