Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mr Miyagi.... Nooooooo!!!!


Ok, this is officially the crappiest year ever for all the stars of movie and TV that I love. My all time favourite movie swings between Karate Kid or Karate Kid 2, so Pat Morita's death has hit me pretty hard. It is hard for people of East Asian heritage to make it in Hollywood, so Pat's fame was extra special.

People of East Asian descent have found it tough going in Hollywood. While Pat never managed to reach the heights of stardom in America, he did have steady work and was much loved all over the world. I wonder if the new generation of East Asian actors look at him as a pioneer in the industry? He was forced to play type cast roles, but then again in Hollywood you have to do what you have to do I guess. Pat, I will miss you.

Noriyuki 'Pat' Morita - Born. 28 June 1932 Died. 24 November 2005 RIP Miyagi San

San Nakji for President!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are really having a crap year in relation to favourite stars.

Oricon Ailin said...

I was really shocked to hear this too. It's sad that he passed on. I liked him.

Deepa Bhasthi said...

havent seen many of his movies but liked him in the next karate kid. sad that he passed away.

San Nakji said...

What a crap year for me!!! (well the dead people too I guess...)