Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Vegemite

Nothing makes me more patriotic than marmite. That jar of black spread that is reviled around the world, but which is loved by me and many other Kiwis. Just thinking about it makes my heart flutter.

Thanks to the second Christchurch earthquake in 2011, the marmite factory in here was damaged and currently is not able to produce more. We have referred to it as Marmigeddon and as of today I no longer have marmite in my house... Matt in London sent me English marmite last year and I have even become desperate enough to put that on my toast. It is horrible... but I'm desperate!

The next level of desperation will be looking further on the supermarket shelf at the Australian version of Marmite; Vegemite... The very thought of me eating it makes me angry. But I have no choice. I need my black salty treat for breakfast and Vegemite is as close as I can get... I feel like a traitor for even thinking about it...

In other news... Nothing.


2 comments:

Matt Morelli said...

What you need is some Ma'amite. http://www.packagingnews.co.uk/design/new-packs/marmite-diamond-jubilee/

Unknown said...

Can you get hold of Mighty Mite.. its better than Vegemite :)