Monday, February 13, 2006

UFOs

Is it only me I wonder? Whenever I am out at night, usually walking San Nakji's pooch, I often look up into the sky. I live in a neighbourhood where the surrounding hills block out the light pollution from the city and so they sky and stars are quite bright. Sometimes I notice a bright moving light in the sky. For a few moments I hope that I am looking at a UFO. For those few moments the hope is there that I am lucky enough to be seeing something truly amazing. This hope lasts until I hear that familiar buzzing sound and see the blinking red lights. Yes, just another plane. Although I know that it is less than likely I am going to see a UFO in the sky, I never let that knowledge interfere with me imagining the aliens flying over Auckland and landing in my backyard. I would of course offer to cook them a BBQ, which would be the nice Kiwi thing to do. Hopefully they would then offer me a lift back to their planet so I could check that out. Ideally, this wouldn't be a one way trip, but I am sure we could negotiate.
When I was younger, I once convinced my mum (mom in American) to drive along the banks of the Loch Ness so that I could watch intently for the Monster. I convinced myself that I would be the one to find Nessie and probably tame her. Unfortunately childish dreams were not enough...
One thing I would never want to see is a ghost. They creep the hell out of me. When I was a kid I had three books in an Usborne Book series. There was the UFO book (awesome!), the Monster book (less believable) and then the ghost book. I looked at the ghost book once. There is a page in it where there is a grainy (why are there never any decent photos of the supernatural?) photo of a couple in a car. In the back there is someone else. The problem is that there was no on in the back of the car! After seeing this photo I closed the book and put it back on the bookshelf. I couldn't sleep that night as I was sure the ghost would come out of the book. I got the book and put it into storage far away from my room. I may still have it somewhere, but I will never again open it!
I don't have this problem with UFOs of course. I have faith that when aliens finally come here they will not be like those human eating Aliens. They will not be War of the Worlds aliens. They will almost certainly be ET like or maybe Vulcan like. The will be our friends and if there is a hot alien chick, then excuse me Mrs San Nakji, but this is for cross planetary friendship!

San Nakji for President!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aliens can be anything and do anything.

Oricon Ailin said...

Cross planetary friendship, huh? *giggles*

And, if you think THAT photo of a ghost scares you SN, you ought to hear some of my stories and see some of the things I have seen.

After the Olympics, remind me to write about my resident ghost. It's a neat story.

Fahd Mirza said...

What would aliens think about our animosities, I regret.

roman said...

Intelligent and benevolent aliens would be a welcome sight in the world today. Maybe they can take us by the hand and show the human race that it is possible to co-exist and share the bounty of this planet without the constant bickering and fighting.
We should be that lucky.

black feline said...

i suggest u watch the series 4400..btw..next time when u look up to the big blue sky..make sure u on the tune from Twilight Zone..chances u will see the unexpected...just kidding..lol

Ashley said...

"The San Nakji UFO Experience" would be a wildly popular t.v. show. I am sure of it!!!

Tim Rice said...

Most UFO stories I have heard have been scary (with the exception of ET, of course). And in the two Stargate TV series, aliens can be either friendly or hostile; though more seem to be hostile than friendly.

But should there really be aliens, I hope they are of the type that you describe. Earth and humankind needs all the friends it can get.