Saturday, February 11, 2006

Weekly Animal Pic - Dung Beetle



I am a day out from my usual posting. Completely forgot about my weekly animal pic. How could I do that? I mean really...

Anyway. Bugs, insects, arachnids, whatever you want to call them, I reckon they are amazing. One of the most amazing is the Dung Beetle. They collect the refuse of other animals and make a huge ball out of it. This they travel with by pushing it along in front of them. You have to admire these creatures for their perserverance. There is a lesson there for us, but I am not quite sure what it is... Something about a big pile of sh*t perhaps?

San Nakji for President!

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

everything lives of the refuse of something i suppose

coolbuddha said...

It puts one's own existence into perspective does it not. What do they do with the pooh by the way? (I only want to know if it will not ruin my lunch).

Oricon Ailin said...

I've seen these little guys on Discovery Channel. It's amazing how much poo they can push. hehehe