Friday, February 17, 2006

Weekly Animal Pic - Red Panda



I really think the Red Panda doesn't get the press she deserves due to the all over powering influence of that other mildly known panda. I think the Red Panda is way more interesting.

Years ago, I went to Japan and one of the things I was most looking forward to was seeing the giant panda at Ueno zoon in Tokyo. When I finally got to see the beast, I was most disappointed. The whole time I looked at him he didn't wake up once. All I saw was a pile of fur. To be frank (or Jim if you prefer) it was a sucky experience.

Now, Red Pandas are always up and about. They are very social animals and to top it all off, they are halluva cute! That is way high on my priority list I tells ya!

San Nakji for President!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a chipmunk.

Tim Rice said...

Ah, this red panda looks like a creature I would like to meet in person. :)

Brotha Buck said...

Man, you've always find the animals I never heard of. Cool!

Crystal said...

What a cutie! Looks like a stuffed toy, and actually the Red Panda also favors my Pomeranian a bit.

Fahd Mirza said...

new info for me as usual.

Oricon Ailin said...

I think the Red Panda is a beautiful animal. I don't think I've seen one in person, but I sure have heard of it!

Thank you sooooo much for the picture. She sure is pretty. *smiles*

rubyslipperlady said...

I never would've guessed that this was a panda at all. "Great color though," exclaimed the georgeous redhead from the US. heeheehee

Anonymous said...

i think they look like raccoons. and i'm a fan of raccoons.

Friar Tuck said...

first i have heardof this