Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Crazy Weather


You think that the cold days have gone for another year. Once September comes it is Spring and time for spring flowers and bouncing baby lambs. The thing about Mother Nature is that she loves to fool you. September started out really nicely. Blue sky and warm temperatures, sometimes almost hitting 20 degrees (C). However it all turned to crap on Sunday. The heavens opened up and the rain came tumbling down, followed by the howling wind and the thunder of hail... Needless to say it became really really cold. (Although Mrs San Nakji insists that me turning on the heater was over the top) When I got into work yesterday, I was shocked to see weather cameras from the South Island showing snow... yup, snow in Spring. Those poor little lambs which were destined to end up in my oven or in my curry were instead freezing to death in the snow. The snow is making it's way up the country and has closed roads in a place called the Central Plateau (you may know it as Mordor...), but fortunately for me, it doesn't snow here, so that's as far as it goes. When I got up this morning (5am) it was hailing really hard, but now (1120am) out the window I see blue sky nad whispy thin clouds.
Nice joke Mother Nature. Could you now see your way to giving us some better spring weather? Thanks...

San Nakji for President!

2 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

Oh please, oh please, oh please Mother Nature...send that weather MY way!

Today was unseasonable hot for us. It's awful. I love the cold weather. I have a beautiful full length black cloak to wear in the cold. I have plenty of warm stuff to cover up my "plump" self.

But in the summer...I can't take enough clothes off to stay cool without being indecent to the public.

San Nakji said...

ha ha, it is never a good time for me to be stripping off.... The cold is all yours my dear.