Friday, September 02, 2005

Lord of the Flies


What the hell is going on in Mississippi and Louisiana? In the absence of law suddenly all hell breaks loose and we have a looters heaven. It is shocking what is happening over there. I mean the deaths from the actual hurricane should be bad enough, but now comes news of armed gangs roaming the streets and snipers taking shots at emergency workers. Is this what would happen anywhere or is this a particular American problem? I really don't have anything to compare with here or other places I have lived, so I wonder. It certainly didn't happen during the Tsunami last year, but that could be explained by the fact that there was nothing left to loot.

Lord of the Flies is a great book and if you haven't read it, I think it is well worth a look. It is exactly what is happening here. Would it happen elsewhere, that is my question to you my valued reader...

San Nakji for President!

3 comments:

flowerful said...

I lilke Lord of the Flies also. The human nature comes.

Oricon Ailin said...

It's absolutely unbelieveable. During 9/11, we didn't have these things happen. I don't know what is going on. We had a bit of looting in New York after the Trade Center attack, however, it was nothing like what we are seeing in New Orleans.

It's so sad to see.

I am extremely angry and frustrated with our government and the way they mishandled this entire tragedy.

When the Tsunami hit last year, we had people there within 36 hours assisting in any way we could.

Yet, with this disaster here on our own soil, it took 5 days for the government to actually act on it. It was literally too late for those poor people.

I'm so sad from all this.

San Nakji said...

Thanks for your comment Ori, it is very good. See, you do know about these kinds of things!