Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I Was Impressed

It's not often that Ori comes out of her shell and says what she thinks. I was therefore really impressed by her comment to me in a previous post. I think it deserves a post of its' own.

"It's absolutely unbelieveable. During 9/11, we didn't have these things happen. I don't know what is going on. We had a bit of looting in New York after the Trade Center attack, however, it was nothing like what we are seeing in New Orleans. It's so sad to see. I am extremely angry and frustrated with our government and the way they mishandled this entire tragedy. When the Tsunami hit last year, we had people there within 36 hours assisting in any way we could. Yet, with this disaster here on our own soil, it took 5 days for the government to actually act on it. It was literally too late for those poor people. I'm so sad from all this."

Real emotion is what I like to see, keep it up Ori!

San Nakji for President!

5 comments:

Deepa Bhasthi said...

this post reminded me of a very well written column i read yesterday in 'the new Indian express' about the hurricane. this columnist is known for his radical writing which i dont subscribe to but this col is totally true. i have emailed it to you, read it.

San Nakji said...

It's a good article. I received something similar from my Indian friend here. I will send that to you!

Oricon Ailin said...

Wow...I didn't think I had said anything important. I was just angry, and I still am. In fact, due to your encouragement, I just might write something on my blog. *grins*

Thanks for this San Nakji, you've given me more reason to want to speak up. I normally speak my mind, but I'm always a bit worried about ticking off people. I don't normally talk politics or anything.

But something about this whole tragedy just really gets to me.

*HUGS* Thanks for being such a cool friend to me!

San Nakji said...

No worries ;-)

Oricon Ailin said...

Hey SN, go check out my blog now..heheheh I've written a LONG post. hehehe