Thursday, December 29, 2005

Charity

So some friends of SN, hereby known as FOSN, are getting married. After such a long time it is good that they are finally getting hitched. I suppose they had to wait until she was legal, but there you go. he he he (private joke to no one in particular)
San Nakji, the most verbose of all, is going to be Best Man. This may relfect the fact that FOSN have no other friends, but I like to think that it is because 2 out of three times my speech has come off ok. The other time involved too much wine... But we don't like to talk about that.
Anyway, the point of this post, yes there is one, is that FOSN have asked not to be given presents, but instead for us to donate the money we would have spent on a charity. Not thinking of any charity which would be worthy enough, San Nakji went online and found the Good Gifts Catalogue where I can buy something for charity in the name of FOSN. It is a great idea and I am kind of leaning towards buying a few acres of rainforest for them. Check out the site, there are many great charities represented. Here is an article about it from the BBC.

San Nakji for President!

3 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Great sentiments, however, I wonder what he'd say if you bought him a gift.

San Nakji said...

As long as he didn't give it back ;o)

Anonymous said...

I have a book on Speeches I could tell you about...