Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Lights



Watching American movies, where everything I see reflects real life, Americans seem to love to put up lights and models of Santa and Jesus and whatnot. It doesn't really happen here, San Nakji definitely won't be doing it as I can't be arsed and it looks like it will cost money... However, there is one house in our neighbourhood where they have gone all out. I was out with San Nakji's Pooch last night and I thought I would try to capture a photo for the blog. My new camera has a night function, but do you think I had figured that it has a special night function?

I was trying to be all covert while taking this photo as I felt kind of weird with my camera in the middle of the night... People kept passing by in cars and stopping to look at the house. The funny thing about this light thing here is that it doesn't get dark until 10pm here, so they have to wait a long time before they can turn those lights on!

San Nakji for President!

5 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Yes, the Christmas thing has gone all wild here. Its easy to find any meaning in it any more. There doesn't seem to be any meaning, just spend spend spend.

San Nakji said...

As long as you have your family, it will all be good Brotha. Don't give up hope!

Anonymous said...

I lost hope years ago.

San Nakji said...

I am sure we can work to get it back!!!

Oricon Ailin said...

That's nothing compared to a couple of houses in my neighborhood! They could land airplanes with these houses!!! It's worse than an airport landing strip!

I'll try and capture pics.

Visit my blog, SN, I've posted a tiny bit explaining what's going on.