Monday, December 12, 2005

A While Between Drinks

I, San Nakji, couldn't help myself. I had just become too sick of PCs and all the problems they have been giving me recently. The new addition to our family is a shiny new Mac Mini. Yup, I have stepped back into the world of Apple. I have been to the world of Apple before. As a kid I went to computer camps and learned BASIC on an Apple IIe.
It really was the only game in town. And the great games... wow, I still dream about them. Our family was hooked. It took a while for us to get our own computer, but when we got our first Mac, it was the Mac Classic...

It was great. I still have it sitting in my office along side my virus ridden PC and our new baby, the Mac Mini. Now I know some of you will say that it just isn't that powerful, blah blah blah. But when it comes down to it, I use my computers for three things. First and most important, surfing the World Wide Web. Second, storing music and third, storing photos. My new child does all these things and takes up very little space in the process. What could be better?



It suits me anyway, which has to be the main thing!

Why am I wanking on about this? Well, I don't have anything else to write at the moment and that has to be a big thing. Also, I have noticed that blogging via Safari, the Internet Explorer of the Mac World (nope I hadn't heard of it either!), all my font options and other fun things are not available. This means my posts look different from ones done from PCs. I must learn HTML one day I guess.

One thing that scares me about Mac is the zealots who worship it so. I definitely do not want to be one of them... Help!

San Nakji for President!

11 comments:

minty clorets said...

There are far more intel, amd, linux, windows zealots but most tech sites tend to focus on mac zealots because it's easy to pick on apple and many tech oriented sites are really bias against apple.
Although mac mini is ok for your needs, you could've went for one of those shuttle pcs or simliar variants as they are much easier to upgrade compare to mac mini and most importantly you can install much faster hdds.

minty clorets said...

btw try installing firefox on your mackosx and see if might rectify your font problems. or you can try installing additional fonts from osx disc though..might be better off asking gushibo though since I think he's one of those apple evangelist..;b

San Nakji said...

Ahhh! They are everywhere. This Mac Mini is perfect for my needs. You forget that I live in a country where we import ALL manufactured goods. Everything is expensive, the Mini, I can just afford...

Thanks for the advice, oh lord of computing! You are my first stop for IT needs ;o)

Anonymous said...

Apple sucks.

This says it all.

EXT. GUMP HOUSE MAILBOXES

Forrest takes out a letter and opens it. It has the Apple logohead at the top.

FORREST (V.O.)
Though he did take care of my Bubba-Gump money. He got me invested in some kind of fruit company. And so then I got a call from him saying we don't have to worry about money no more.

San Nakji said...

Apple suck because they made Gump rich???

Paulsouth said...

Download firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

minty clorets said...

shuttle pcs or its cousins shouldn't be all that more expensive than mack minis..in some cases they might be even cheaper. Anyway from what I heard, mack mini is a decent computer for old folks like san nakji ;d just dont' expect too much out of it. there's mack osx specific browser based on mozilla/firefox's gecko engine called Camino. I've heard it's better than safari and firefox on mack osx though you might want to verify that with apple evangelist gushio.

Anonymous said...

No... look at what Gump said Apple was.

San Nakji said...

I doubt we have such things here Minty...

KS, he said it was a fruit company... ??

minty clorets said...

nakji halabuji! kira's implying that you're fruity! are you going to take that? especially from an aussie?

San Nakji said...

I think I will take the high ground here ;o) We Kiwis are used to being there....