Monday, August 01, 2005

Africa 아프리카

After watching that show on Africa (see previous post) I suddenly realised how little I know about Africa. I am sure I am not the only one... So on my lunch break I went to the local Borders (book store) and looked for books on Africa. Now I consider Borders to be well stocked when it comes to books on anything, but I was really disappointed with their collection of books on Africa. They were all about wars, corruption, starvation and white people. Surely there is more to Africa than that? It is a sad indictment on our world that there is so little interest in a continent that has so much history and is where we all came from way back in time. Is it any wonder that Africa is where it is now when there is so little knowledge about what makes it tick. Is it only my Borders?

San Nakji for President!

No comments: