Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Meteora




Not the album by Linkin Park (the first was better anyway...) but in fact one of the most amazing places in all of Greece. The area is full with huge rocks like above and hanging from the rocks a number of monasteries have been built. San Nakji and family spent a whole day climbing to all the monasteries (6) and while we were completely exhausted by the end, we loved every minute of it. The best photo I ever took was taken here. I have it framed on my wall, one day I will make a digital copy of it and post it... But the above photo is pretty good.

San Nakji for President!

2 comments:

Deepa Bhasthi said...

great pic. cant wait to see the one you took.
arent monastries such calm places? love the sound of silence.

San Nakji said...

Not with tourists streaming all over them! But, yes generally I love them.