Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side

Andy would bicycle across town
in the rain to bring you candy
and John would buy the gown
for you to wear to the prom
with the Tom the astronomer
who'd name a star for you
but I'm the luckiest guy
on the Lower East Side
cause I've got wheels
and you want to go for a ride

Harry is the one I think you'll marry
but it's Chris that you kissed
after school
I'm a fool, there's no doubt
but when the sun comes out...
The day is beautiful and so are you
My car is ugly but then I'm ugly too
I know you'd never give me
a second glance
but when the weather's nice
all the other guys
don't stand a chance
I know Professor Blumen
makes you feel like a woman
but when the wind is in your hair
you laugh like a little girl
So you share your secrets with Lou
but we've got secrets too
Well, one: I only keep ths heap for you
cause I'm the ugliest guy
on the Lower East Side
but I've got wheels
and you want to go for a ride
Want to go for a ride?

San Nakji for President!

5 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Is this about who I think its about. No, maybe not.

San Nakji said...

How do you think it's about?

Space - Actually I only started listening to it now... It is pretty different from what I usually listen to...

Oricon Ailin said...

This is very interesting. I liked it. What is it from? Did you write it San Nakji??

San Nakji said...

Ha ha, no, I didn't write it... It's from Magnetic Fields... Their music is, interesting... not sure about it yet.

San Nakji said...

Thanks, they are growing on me...