Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Hector's Dolphin



Say hello to the smallest dolphin in the world. For such a small animal his name is quite impressive, Cephalaehynchus Hectari or Hector's Dolphin. To his friends we can just call him Ceph... Ceph is the smallest dolphin in the world and he is also, sadly, the rarest marine animal in the world. He is only found off the coast of New Zealand and is one of only two native mammals that New Zealand can claim, the other being a native bat.

This is for Ori who lives way too far from the sea. It is just not natural to live that far away!

San Nakji for President!

3 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

Oooh...I love it! I wanted to be an oceanographer when I grew up, but things in life changed and that never happened.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH for the picture. It is gorgeous!

You have succeeded in making me smile really big!! *SUPER BIG SMILES!*

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ceph looks interesting. Kinda small, though.

flowerful said...

I love dophins. If someone ask me which animal is most similar to me, I would pick dolphins!