Friday, August 26, 2005

Weekly Animal Pic - Golden Lion Tamarind



One of my favourite animals at the local zoo is the Golden Lion Tamarind. The GLT has the honour, if that is the right word, of being the rarest of all tamarinds and therefore one of the rarest primates in the world. I sponsor the zoo's one ramaining GLT. Her mate died suddenly and no one can figure out why. She now spends her time hanging out with tamarinds of other species, but I think she looks lonely... I am thinking of learning some Portuguese so I can have a chat with her. (She is from Brazil you see...)

San Nakji for President!

1 comment:

Oricon Ailin said...

Oooh, I don't believe I have ever seen one of these. I've heard of a tamarind, but not a golden lion one.

Very interesting! *smiles* Wow...this is great, I'm learning more and more everyday when I visit here!